Thursday, April 7, 2011

He's not heavy he's my brother


Today was a very good day.  We found out that Berton is NOT BRCA positive which means that Fiona cannot have this gene either.  She will be spared the highly increased probability of having breast or ovarian cancer now.  This is fantastic news for our family.   Luckily God had me adopt so I don’t have to worry about passing the gene on to our kids. 

I’m doing very well after chemo.  I did not take an anti-nauseous medication today and had much more energy and was able to think better and have clarity of thought.  Tuesday and Wednesday are somewhat of a blur, almost as if I was in a haze.  I’m told this is called chemobrain, but I suspect it had more do to with the medication to ensure I didn’t have side effects from chemo then the chemo itself. But hey, I'd much rather be fatigued then sick.

I also got an email from mom today for the relay of life.  A local group of wonderful women known as the Pistol Packin’ Mamas have a mission of ‘shooting down cancer’.  They want to help rid the world of cancer and help people have more birthdays.  Every year they do numerous things such as concession stands, serve at plays, and of course the relay for life to raise money for this cause.

In case there are any of you following my blog and would like to learn more about the relay for life or the American cancer society please visit mom’s page at:    http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11National?px=10283759&pg=personal&fr_id=31990

It’s really hitting home this year as mom has been involved with this group for a few years.  Now however she’s also my chemo buddy and is helping me personally battle this cancer and win the fight for my life. As you can see, God is always at work in our life.  He is good all the time and all the time God is good.  Thank you God for my healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment