Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Oh the Fun


OK, it’s crazy around here.  Delaney is finally getting her first teeth.  She’s over 11 months old so it’s certainly time; however with these teeth apparently she’s also going to have a tough time.  She had a slight cough and runny nose yesterday along with swollen gums.  Today she has a cough, runny nose, fever, irritability, and swollen gums.  Oh the joy!  When we got back to the room after touring Pearland, the place we used to live, her temp was 103.  So we gave her ibuprofen and a lukewarm bath and now it seems to be going down.  She’s not lethargic, so that is a plus, and she wants to play, so we’re happy there: but, poor little baby.

To make matters worse, since she’s running a fever, I don’t think she’ll be cleared to visit MDA tomorrow with us.  We have to have her cleared daily in order for her to be at the facility. I completely understand the requirement; it’s just unfortunate that she has to encounter teething during this already stressful time.  Tomorrow is just my follow up mammo and ultrasound in the morning along with a possible biopsy. Then its genetic counseling, so Stephen can stay in the hotel with her tomorrow, as Mom wants to hear about the genetic aspect since it could affect her or my brothers, too.   Friday though, well that is another issue.  We are praying that Delaney will have those teeth in by Friday so she can be cleared as Friday is a big day since we see the surgeon and I’d like both Mom and Stephen there because a lot of decisions will be made.

I just can’t take all this fun!  Of all the times for her to cut her first teeth!!  She’s miserable and it makes me miserable.  But this too shall pass.

I also got a call and there isn’t an appointment for the radiology oncologist until Tuesday at 3.  I was hoping we’d have things decided on Friday, but I guess not.  Just more waiting; and that is not fun.  Patience has never been my virtue and I just want to get this process started so I can see the light at the end better.  I just wish they would have scheduled it all two weeks ago instead of waiting until I got her to decide on a PET scan and that I should see the radiologist.  If they would have done that, I think I could have been seen this week.  I still don’t have the PET scan scheduled, so I guess if I don’t hear about that before then I will ask tomorrow morning when I’m there. 

I really felt they could have scheduled all these visits two weeks ago based on the initial referral as the info they have had is the same they received then, since apparently the BRCA 1 positive issue doesn’t affect my particular treatment for the actual cancer it’s more of the prophylactic that will be affected by this positive outcome.  Thank you God for my healing. 

1 comment:

  1. She is finally getting her teeth!!! I hope that she feels better soon, I miss her!! You are in our thoughts and prayers!! You are a very strong person and we all know that you can beat this!! Thank you God for Miranda's healing.

    ReplyDelete