Tuesday, March 8, 2011

24 hours after


I'm now 24 hours into the diagnosis of Breast Cancer: invasive ductal carcinoma grade 3 and it's still surreal.  I have a surgeon appointment on Thursday and an oncologist appointment on Friday in Wichita.  I plan to have treatments at MD Anderson in Houston initially, and should hear from them in less then 48 hours to set up that appointment, then have care coordinated with the Wichita group once initial procedures have been done in Houston.  At this point there are a lot of unknowns, but one thing is certain, I will be battling for my life, and plan to win, for the next several months so my focus will be on this battle and in beating it. I am go grateful for the outpouring of love and support I've already received and truly feel the love and concern from each of you.

I've decided to be as open as possible about this struggle as God knows i will need all the support and prayers I can get.  I also want people to know the correct information as opposed to rumors that might circulate if they are unsure. For now I'm keeping my head up and my hopes high while planning for the worst but hoping for the best. It's all in God's hands at this point and i know he's watching over me as he saw to it that i went back to the doctor a second time after i was told the first time it was 'probably nothing to worry about and to follow up in six months'.  He made the lump painful which sparked me to seek follow up treatment which resulted in this diagnosis. I'm hopeful we caught it early.   I have my faith, my guardian angels, my friends, and my family so I'd say I'm a pretty lucky lady right now to have all the support and prayers that I've received.

6 comments:

  1. God is with Miranda and our family
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers already going up for YOU and yours! Love Tori's Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If God is for us who can be against us. He has given you a special gift and thus has allowed you to use it in so many different avenues. Love ! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I challenge everyone to purchase a pink breast cancer awareness shirt and wear it on Thursdays in support of Miranda!! I've got mine on the way!!
    Mike Cousin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miranda you're a strong young lady and I know the type of supportive family you have, as I'm part of that family as well. Keep your chin up sweetie. We're all praying for you and know that you will beat this. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miranda---you are a strong young woman. Family, Friends and most importantly Faith will be your strength. Praying for you daily. Marcia

    ReplyDelete