Monday, March 14, 2011

It's Amazing


Hello everyone today has been a fabulous day.  It was the first full day in Breckenridge and we’ve had a blast.  We went sledding and the kids loved it.  Gavin got on skis for his very first time and was great.  Arrington was such a big girl she even sledded by herself.  And little eleven month old Delaney went down the hill with me a few times.  It was very fun and refreshing to be somewhat of a kid again.

I also talked to my surgeon and my MRI came back GREAT.  No evidence of cancer in my left breast or in my lymph nodes.  Obviously they won’t be certain about the lymph nodes until they go in during surgery but this is very positive news.  I was about to hyperventilate when Dr. Nicholas’s office called.  I just couldn’t bear any more bad news.  The nurse said it was about time I got a good report and having no cancer, anywhere else they could see from the MRI, is very good. 

I also found out a wonderful woman that I have the pleasure of knowing and her husband have been at MD Anderson for several months.  She was the teacher for my finding your passion class.  That class truly was a turning point in my life and makes me appreciate the little p’s of life not just the big P’s.  She’s offered to show me around and help us navigate the MD Anderson campus.  It’s amazing what support I have and I am very lucky to have so many that care and are saying “Thank you God for Miranda’s healing” Have a fantastic evening and  keep the positive energy and prayers coming my way.  I can feel them working.

1 comment:

  1. Miranda,
    I am so glad that you are enjoying your vacation. It sounds like everyone is cutting loose and enjoying the snow and family time. I am also happy to hear you have had some good news as well. I admire your positive energy and attitude. Faith and strength can get us thru anything! "Thank you God for Miranda's healing!"
    God Bless and take care,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete