Monday, May 9, 2011

Half way Done with Round one


Mother’s day was a great day.  Grandma, Mom, and I went to Wichita Friday and spent the weekend.  It was fantastic to get away and spend some girl time.  We ate out and went shopping.  When we got back on Sunday afternoon Stephen had the kids dressed in the shirts I bought them but they’ve never worn before.  Delaney’s says “Find a cure before I grow boobies”. Gavin’s says “Real enough to support my mom Man enough to wear pink doing it.”  Arrington’s says, “This chick wears pink for her mom.” They were really cute and happy to see us.

Our kids are some of the best blessings God had ever given me.  I’m so lucky to have three beautiful children. Children are a true gift from God. One that helps me stop and smell the roses and one that helps me see the little things in life.

Last week was overall pretty good.  Since Stephen was at a conference, we stayed with mom and dad for a few days.  On his way home, Stephen had to go to the ER in Wichita because he got a piece of steak lodged in his throat.  Evidently he had a narrow esophagus.  They went in during an outpatient procedure.  Removed the steak and stretched his esophagus. It was a very odd thing, but luckily he’s alright and hopefully the issue is solved.  His colleague Eric Ryker was at the ER with him and took him to a hotel for the night.  I’m so glad Erik was able to do that, was with the three kids, and being exhausted, it was too much for me.  Erik was yet another blessing God sent for us. 

I had a reaction after chemo and my port got a rash, however it went away in a few days.  Although uncomfortable it was bearable.  Then on Thursday, I actually had to leave work for a few hours.  All of the sudden, I got shaky, my heart began to beat erratically, and my legs were like jello. It was very odd, as it came on suddenly and without warning.  I guess these things happen with chemo? I also started losing considerable amounts of hair Tuesday after last week’s treatment.  Arrington told me “mom, I bet you have bald spots with all the hair that you have falling out.’  But thus far, I don’t have any bald spots just very thin hair.  I’m prepared for it to fall out; and would actually prefer it to, as I’m getting tired of waiting and wondering when it will happen.  You see, God is helping me learn patience.  One of the many things he’s teaching me through this journey.

Today I had my 6th treatment.  That means I’m half way done with my first round of chemo.  Yeah! Celebrate!   The treatment went well.  I am however wiped out and very dizzy.  Odd, as I’ve not had the dizziness issue before but I guess as I progress, different affects will occur.  I’m still thankful however that I’ve had very few other side effects.  

Overall, thing are going well.  I pray for this to continue.  I’m also very grateful for all the support and prayers that I’ve received. Thank you God for my healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment