Monday, August 22, 2011

Mountain Air

Not a lot has happened since the last post however I did have treatment three of this cycle. I also was able to get acupuncture after the treatment so I thought for certain I would have minimal side effects. However, I was greatly mistaken. It hit me hard Wednesday night. Nauseous, dry heaves, aching all over, and exhaustion. All the fun of what you visualize chemo normally is. Luckily I had a doctor appointment with Dr. Truong on Thursday so when I saw him he gave me some meds that basically just made me sleep. Which was great compared to feeling like I had the worst flu I’ve ever experience.

By Saturday I was back with the living, and we had our family pictures at the church. Although it only took about thirty minutes, I was exhausted when we got home and had to take a five hour nap. I hate not feeling well, it feels like I’m out of control. But I guess I am. I can’t control everything so I must just give it up to God and let him take control. I’m willing to suffer a little for the greater cause of remission. I’m so glad I’m almost done with chemo. My last treatment is Monday August 29th. Although I’m dreading it, since Dr. Truong told me I’d probably have the same side effects, at least they only last five days or so then I feel much better. I will have 16 total treatments upon completion. It’s hard to believe I’ve done that many, and looking back it has gone very quickly.

It’s amazing how wonderful it is to feel good. If one has their health they have the power to change things and make their lives happen. It’s almost like I have a new lease on life now that I’m feeling better. I found myself singing and dancing at the strangest times, for example at work. I guess I just appreciate my health and am happy to be living the life I love and loving the life I live. Even when I was feeling completely rotten, the thoughts of those I met at chemo kept coming to my mind. How lucky I am to have family and friends that are so supportive and loving. The wonder I know by having faith, hope, and love. The privilege I’ve been given to express my faith to others through my story. I truly am a lucky woman.

As I mentioned in my last post, Stephen and I left for Estes Park Saturday. I am so excited to have some R&R. It’s wonderful up here and so cool. It rained yesterday and was about 56 degrees. The smell of mountain rain is fabulous. The mountains are amazing; where the temperatures are cooler and the air is crisper. Did you know that the Stanley Hotel is located in Estes Park? It’s best known for its inspirational role in Stephen King's novel, "The Shining". The interesting fact however is that the founder actually came to Estes Park due to poor health. So maybe going to Estes will also renew my health? We’re heading to the Hot Springs today and white water rafting Wednesday. I’m living life to its fullest and not taking time for granted anymore; a good lesson for all of us to learn and live by. Of course we hit the outlet mall yesterday. Thank you God for My Healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment